There Must To Be More To Life Than This

The Magician's Greatest Pay

www.zlwinmagic.com

One of the greatest rewards for being a magician are the smiles, laughters and applause you get once you have entertain your audience truly. The picture here was taken at The Curve during one of my recent gig. This girl gave the nicest smile ever when she saw my magic.

Building Bridges Through Magic

www.zlwinmagic.com

Another fun thing about magic is that you get to meet different people; some down right nasty and some really really friendly. I met this group at Urbanattic, Capsquare. Nice people who just wants to have good fun. among them are two actors, Tony Eusoff and Jay.

Magic @ Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur

www.zlwinmagic.com

Zlwin does walkabout close-up magic at Zouk every weekend. Look out for him if you are there to dance the night away!

The Watchmen

www.zlwin.com

Watchmen watches what no one watches and does what no one does. They would lay down their lives watching and protecting. They stand guard over the people that needs them but do not want them. They take up responsibilities which otherwise no one would want. Do you want to be a watchman? "What does it matter..." you ask.

Zlwin Chew - Magician, Minister.

www.zlwinmagic.com

Magic is something that seems like it goes against how the world works and it is us magicians who has the privilege to demonstrate it. There are no tricks in magic, only wonderment. – Zlwin Chew

Zlwin Chew’s New Website Is Launched!

www.zlwin.com

Zlwin has designed a new website and is no longer with Blogspot anymore. From today onwards, this site will be his official site where he will be posting his usual Christian devotional materials as well as some other stuff. Do drop by every now and then. And please bear with the upcoming and ongoing changes that will happen in this website. He is trying to improve it little by little as the each moon ends its shift and as he gains more knowledge on website designing. Have a good read! God bless!

Acts 20:24

www.zlwin.com

However , I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the Gospel of God’s grace

The Worldwide Magician Directory

www.magician-directory.com

A worldwide directory of magicians. Thousands of magicians have their profile uploaded here as well as links to their websites. Visit the Magician Directory to find out more about your local magician.

\

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hi beloved people! I miss you all so much!!! =)

I am finally back! Back in Klang and back in blog. As you must have all know, I was in Labuan for the Puisi dan Lagu finals competition. We flew off last Monday and came back on Thursday. Sorry for the delay in my posts. A lot of people are asking me for different different pictures and I have to apologize because I will take quite some time to post all up ya. First, to Summer Bash, the pictures will be posted up maybe next week but for the meantime you can visit Janielle’s blog for pictures – all the pictures that I have she has too. And for Yvonne’s Sexy Seventeen Party, sorry Yvonne and Zhing, will post them up soon. Zhing, I have a nice picture of you in black and white.

And to everyone, especially those whom I met over at Labuan for the competition, today I am posting the pictures taken at Labuan =)

Before that, let me tell you briefly what happened at Labuan. I will try to make it as short as possible.
We left last Monday and arrived at Labuan at around 12pm I guess. We settled down in out condominium apartment. It’s a Jabatan Pelajaran Labuan building. Our crib for the trip was really beautiful and spacious.
There were 16 contingents altogether. 13 from the states of Malaysia and the other 3 are Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
The Selangor Contingent consists of 6 students and 4 adults. Me, Andy, Faliq, Idham, Salina and the youngest of us all, Rafi. The teachers that accompanied us were our music teacher, Encik Rodzi, BM teacher, Puan Siti, school headmistress, Puan Noor Mala and PPD officer, Encik Sepuan.
The first day was free and easy. We even had time to go bowling haha. My teacher coaxed me into playing though I know nuts about bowling. And suddenly in the middle of the game he came out with a rule saying the loser must give us all a treat at the mamak nearby. And being a stingy person, I was so afraid to lose I kept taunting the little guy Rafi so he would lose and indeed he lost haha. Poor Rafi had to spend us a drink each at the mamak =D

Day Two was our competition day. In the morning we went early to practice and to get use to the stage. And throughout the whole day everyone was busy running here and there and being nervous and all. I have to admit, I was kind of cool throughout the day hehe. About an hour before we had to enter the hall I was still half-naked in my room studying (I brought books to study by the way) and this teacher from Pahang was shocked to see me doing that just hours before our performance haha. Well, I wasn’t very nervous and I wasn’t very confident as well.
Before we started, Andy and I prayed together as usual. We have been doing this since the first day of our competition and I believe that was what brought us all to Labuan. We prayed and we left the room and headed for the hall.
The competition hall was HUGE!!! When we entered I felt kind of intimidated haha. There were so many people and everyone was so colorful because of their dressings and costumes.
Our presentation was number 10 so yea we had quite some time to cool down and relax hehe.
And then came our turn to perform, nervous I was but still I went on ahead believing that God was with me - and He was. I played fluently and did not forget my chords. I prayed that my guitar string would not break and it didn’t haha. Praise God!
What a relief it was to all of us after we presented our song! Gosh! The feeling was just awesome! Finally we were done haha.
And we waited for about 2 more hours before the judges finally announced the winner. WE did not win but got 7th place instead. Not bad after all. 7 out of the 16 contingents of Malaysia! Glory to God!!! =)

Funny thing was I kinda got “married” after the competition. What happened was we were busy taking pictures on stage and then suddenly a teacher from Pahang approached my teacher and asked, “Boleh pinjam budak kamu?” And teacher agreed while I was still thinking for what reasons she wanted to borrow me???
And... haha... They wanted to take a picture of me and one of the Pahang girl. It was because the girl was ewaring this red cheongsam and I was wearing the similar costume. Therefore, they “married” us that very night. SWEAT! -_-“ (this is the second time ever I used the word sweat haha)

Day 3 was sight-seeing and shopping day and get-to-know-each-other day.
We went sight-seeing around Labuan on a guided tour. Was really fun though. In the bus I was reading book while we traveled from one place to another. SPM’s near you see, I can’t afford to lose anymore precious time.

Day 4. Balik Kampung.

It was a really sad feeling. We made friends with so many nice people and suddenly we had to leave’em all... Sigh... It was painful. I wanted to cry haha. I nearly did =)
We were told to check our rooms in case we left anything and then we left for the airport and went home.
Only did I realize that I left SOMETHING at Labuan when we reached KLIA on Thursday. I left my heart there.... =(

To all the friends I met at Labuan. Email me so we could keep in touch. My email address is zlwin.jesusfreak@gmail.com

All glory and thanks goes to God. For He was the One whom we had our trust in in every competition.

Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him (Jesus) who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work in us.


Remember what I've posted in my few precious posts on this Puisi and Lagu Competition. We (Andy and I) did not ask for a win, but that we may glorify His name. And well God was just awesome, He not only gave us the win but He brought us all the way to Labuan =) Praise God.























































































































































No comments:

    Man In The Mirror

    . A very nice song from the late Michael Jackson. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

    Shout It Out


    ZlwinMagic

    About Zlwin Chew

    He is a person who is sold out for Jesus. Nothing can move him once he has set his mind on doing and achieving something. Once he is set for one thing, no one can tell him otherwise.

    He blogs, but he blogs differently. The world blogs about themselves, nothing but me, myself and I. But Zlwin Chew blogs his God. He believes that a blog is a powerful medium in which one can tell the world about what He, Himself and God has done in me, meself and I. God needs to be glorified, even online. The world needs to hear what it does not want to hear but need to hear. The world need to know what it does not want to know but need to know.

    Zlwin Chew is also a magician who has a heart and passion to enhance his Gospel sharing with the aid of magical effects and illusions. His magic portfolio can be found at http://www.zlwinmagic.com/

    He loves photography as well. Capturing time in frames is his passion. His photography blog can be found at http://www.zlwinchew.blogspot.com/

    He is radical. He wants to be radical. He wants to be different. Because everyone thinks outside of the box, he thinks inside of the box. He is different. And he does not care how people view him. He only cares how God views him. Zlwin Chew is a Jesus Freak.

    And he dare you to do something radical. He dare you to...

    BLOG GOD...

    Old, Golden Posts