There Must To Be More To Life Than This

The Magician's Greatest Pay

www.zlwinmagic.com

One of the greatest rewards for being a magician are the smiles, laughters and applause you get once you have entertain your audience truly. The picture here was taken at The Curve during one of my recent gig. This girl gave the nicest smile ever when she saw my magic.

Building Bridges Through Magic

www.zlwinmagic.com

Another fun thing about magic is that you get to meet different people; some down right nasty and some really really friendly. I met this group at Urbanattic, Capsquare. Nice people who just wants to have good fun. among them are two actors, Tony Eusoff and Jay.

Magic @ Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur

www.zlwinmagic.com

Zlwin does walkabout close-up magic at Zouk every weekend. Look out for him if you are there to dance the night away!

The Watchmen

www.zlwin.com

Watchmen watches what no one watches and does what no one does. They would lay down their lives watching and protecting. They stand guard over the people that needs them but do not want them. They take up responsibilities which otherwise no one would want. Do you want to be a watchman? "What does it matter..." you ask.

Zlwin Chew - Magician, Minister.

www.zlwinmagic.com

Magic is something that seems like it goes against how the world works and it is us magicians who has the privilege to demonstrate it. There are no tricks in magic, only wonderment. – Zlwin Chew

Zlwin Chew’s New Website Is Launched!

www.zlwin.com

Zlwin has designed a new website and is no longer with Blogspot anymore. From today onwards, this site will be his official site where he will be posting his usual Christian devotional materials as well as some other stuff. Do drop by every now and then. And please bear with the upcoming and ongoing changes that will happen in this website. He is trying to improve it little by little as the each moon ends its shift and as he gains more knowledge on website designing. Have a good read! God bless!

Acts 20:24

www.zlwin.com

However , I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the Gospel of God’s grace

The Worldwide Magician Directory

www.magician-directory.com

A worldwide directory of magicians. Thousands of magicians have their profile uploaded here as well as links to their websites. Visit the Magician Directory to find out more about your local magician.

\

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

GY CAMP 2006 ! ! !


GY CAMP 2006 ! ! !

Camp is over! Sad sad sad. But I’m very happy because I’ve got what I wanted from God! GY Camp 2006 was a BLAST! We had it at Bayu Beach Resort, Port Dickson and the place was nice except for the dusty hall but it didn’t bother me at all. A short review:


My group’s name was Desesperado Para Dios, a Spanish word which in English ameans “Desperate for God” and true enough I was desperate for God! My group was champion woo hoo! Thanks to all my group members and of course God. I really really prayed that God would help me lead this group by Hisa wisdom and not mine and I thank God that He provided me what was necessary to lead. Our nametag came up second place which is rather shocking because I thought there were other group’s who were much more chun than mine. Jason’s Kingfishers nametag came up top and they really deserved it for all the hardwork they have done. All glory and praise goes back to God.

In the Hydrowar game (which was one of the main highlights in GY Camp and a trademark) all the groups attacked me and brought me down first ISH! Before camp I made alliance with Han Ern, Jonathan Chandra and Joel and in the end Jonathan told all his members to ATTACK ME!!! What?!! Some friends! Hmp! The Klang team all agreed to attack the PJ and USJ team first but I don’t know what happened and suddenly one by one turned on me. But then we managed to have the MOST EURO in camp and we won! Back into your face Jon! =) haha. Next year no one allies with Jonathan Chandra ok? He is known to break alliance and goes on a killing spree, be careful.

The telematch was fun and yellow team came up with the most point I guess. There was twice we got second but later the results changed because the judges saw the other teams cheating haha, one of the was green team =) Shannon you cheater! And we ecstatically sang our victory song, “We are the champions my friend, we’ll keep on fighting till the end.......” A blissful day for the entire four groups that were in the yellow team.

Every night the service was awesome! Pastor Ronald Ooi, our camp speaker was a guy so passionate for the youths and has a vision so great for us, he supported us youths all the way and we love him lots! He spoke with power and authority from God above and his message was awesome. You know we might not have your normal youth pastor who jumps around on stage and goes berserk during Praise and Worship, but we have pastors whose hearts goes all out to the youths, Pastor Ronald is one of them and our beloved Pastor John Beh! Pastor John is one pastor that loves everyone the same and he is always willing to sacrifice his time to just sit down and listen to our problems, I’ll tell you more about him next time =)

Throughout camp I have this bunch of girls who kept coming at me and asking for chocolates, it should be the other way round! And I have Andy coming and telling me that there are many girls who like me, well I don’t know whether to be happy or what. There was this 20 year old girl who always out of no where suddenly appear behind me and tap my back, I was shocked many times, it almost gave me a heart attack. Some asked for my number and till now I’m patiently waiting for them to give me a call or something =D Well it was fun to mix around in camp. I chatted with a lot of people, boys and girls ok. And each of them had a very distinct personality. There was one night I chatted with my non-Christian roommate till 4am in the morning and had to wake up at 7am, how tired I was but it was a joy for me to get to know new people. If you were to notice me at camp, I wasn’t around my own cliques much but I was always scouting around on the look out for people who are lonely and I went forward to chat with them, people, you should start doing this.


About my group members, each and everyone of them were great and wonderful soul! Thank you! My faithful and beautiful assistant Jessica Soo helped me A LOT! And I mean A LOT! Thank you Jessica. My group members consists of encouraging and different personality; Steffi Teo, Renee Chew, Reuben Cheong, Lim Ta Hsien, Petrina Thong, Angeline, Ashley Yow, Ru Min, Adam Weisen, Andy Gomes, Lynette Tang, and group adult leader Sean Jesudasan. Tell you a little about them: Steffi Teo is one encouraging and helpful girl, although she was sick throughout camp, she would try her best to be at every group meetings and helped out a lot at the skit, thanks Steffi! Renee Chew is one shy girl but was also contributed a lot by just being there to support me, she collected quite a lot of GY Euros too haha. Reuben Cheong, wow a great guy! Helped out a lot in everything and was really supportive. Ta Hsien was our group highlight haha, he was a star! Collected euros by just showing his cute face! Haha. He loves to be the center of attention and is rather adorable. Petrina, love her lots, shes 20+ by the way and I mean love as in brotherly and sisterly love yea. She supported me all the way and had ideas flowing all the way =) she was an encourager and I just love to chat with her. Angeline was a quiet girl but she listened to everything I had to say and she was supportive too. Ashley Yow was kind of sick throughout the camp but she made sure she was there at every group meetings and she was faithful. Ru Min is one girl that opened up during camp, she mixed around well and is easy to communicate with. Adam Weisen made it to every group meetings and he was a guy that supported me in everything I do, great guy as well. Any Gomes, my best brother! Love him lots lots lots! He was a guy that really encouraged me by just being who he is. He helped the group a lot and was a great encouraging boost for me. Helped out a lot in the skit. Lynette Tang was a cheerful girl, like her sister Lillian. She is responsive and friendly. Great girl. Our adult leader Sean Jesudasan, a rather cute and cheerful guy. He helped out the most in out skit and was always there to support me and helped me through. And not to forget Jessica Soo my assistant, she was rather a friend than an assistant. She was supportive all the way and was full of ideas. Helped out a lot with my group nametag and I have to say this, because of her, our nametag got second place! She faithfully worked with me the week before camp to finish the nametags, thank you. And we prayed each time before we started work and I believed that by faithful prayer, we found favor in God’s eyes. She came up with a lot of ideas for the Euro investments and really helped a lot. To all my group members – We are one family and we helped each other in one way or another without realizing it. And thank you for being supporters and encouragers throughout the whole camp. Every little things that you have done like just turning up for group devotion and attentively listening to me while I shared was a great help to me. I LOVE you brothers and sisters and will miss you lots! Muax!!!

No comments:

    Man In The Mirror

    . A very nice song from the late Michael Jackson. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

    Shout It Out


    ZlwinMagic

    About Zlwin Chew

    He is a person who is sold out for Jesus. Nothing can move him once he has set his mind on doing and achieving something. Once he is set for one thing, no one can tell him otherwise.

    He blogs, but he blogs differently. The world blogs about themselves, nothing but me, myself and I. But Zlwin Chew blogs his God. He believes that a blog is a powerful medium in which one can tell the world about what He, Himself and God has done in me, meself and I. God needs to be glorified, even online. The world needs to hear what it does not want to hear but need to hear. The world need to know what it does not want to know but need to know.

    Zlwin Chew is also a magician who has a heart and passion to enhance his Gospel sharing with the aid of magical effects and illusions. His magic portfolio can be found at http://www.zlwinmagic.com/

    He loves photography as well. Capturing time in frames is his passion. His photography blog can be found at http://www.zlwinchew.blogspot.com/

    He is radical. He wants to be radical. He wants to be different. Because everyone thinks outside of the box, he thinks inside of the box. He is different. And he does not care how people view him. He only cares how God views him. Zlwin Chew is a Jesus Freak.

    And he dare you to do something radical. He dare you to...

    BLOG GOD...

    Old, Golden Posts