There Must To Be More To Life Than This

The Magician's Greatest Pay

www.zlwinmagic.com

One of the greatest rewards for being a magician are the smiles, laughters and applause you get once you have entertain your audience truly. The picture here was taken at The Curve during one of my recent gig. This girl gave the nicest smile ever when she saw my magic.

Building Bridges Through Magic

www.zlwinmagic.com

Another fun thing about magic is that you get to meet different people; some down right nasty and some really really friendly. I met this group at Urbanattic, Capsquare. Nice people who just wants to have good fun. among them are two actors, Tony Eusoff and Jay.

Magic @ Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur

www.zlwinmagic.com

Zlwin does walkabout close-up magic at Zouk every weekend. Look out for him if you are there to dance the night away!

The Watchmen

www.zlwin.com

Watchmen watches what no one watches and does what no one does. They would lay down their lives watching and protecting. They stand guard over the people that needs them but do not want them. They take up responsibilities which otherwise no one would want. Do you want to be a watchman? "What does it matter..." you ask.

Zlwin Chew - Magician, Minister.

www.zlwinmagic.com

Magic is something that seems like it goes against how the world works and it is us magicians who has the privilege to demonstrate it. There are no tricks in magic, only wonderment. – Zlwin Chew

Zlwin Chew’s New Website Is Launched!

www.zlwin.com

Zlwin has designed a new website and is no longer with Blogspot anymore. From today onwards, this site will be his official site where he will be posting his usual Christian devotional materials as well as some other stuff. Do drop by every now and then. And please bear with the upcoming and ongoing changes that will happen in this website. He is trying to improve it little by little as the each moon ends its shift and as he gains more knowledge on website designing. Have a good read! God bless!

Acts 20:24

www.zlwin.com

However , I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the Gospel of God’s grace

The Worldwide Magician Directory

www.magician-directory.com

A worldwide directory of magicians. Thousands of magicians have their profile uploaded here as well as links to their websites. Visit the Magician Directory to find out more about your local magician.

\

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Magic at AEON Shopping Mall


Yesterday I went to AEON Shopping Mall in Bukit Tinggi, Klang to perform some walk-around close-up magic. Quite a mouthful to say huh? Well in short it is called “Street Magic”. However the term street magic is not right among professional magicians in the art of magic. Street magic was “created” by David Blaine and followed-up by Criss Angel. But the right term for this kind of magic is called Close-Up Magic. There are a lot of kinds of magic, to name a few: Close-Up, Stage and Parlor. So the right term to use in place of street magic is Close-Up Magic.

Back to my story haha. Yesterday I was at AEON Mall with Simon Kong and Criss Lee to do some close-up magic for the people there. Simon and Criss were taking pictures for me. I wanted to include them in but they felt they were not ready to perform in front of people yet and need more practice, so I told them that they are to be ready for the next outing haha.

We wore formal outfits because magicians must have a level of elegance. We must not dress in T-shirt and pants to perform this kind of magic. But if you are at the beach then we would dress beach-style.

I performed to a few crowds of people. It always started with one or two people then more and more will join in because of curiosity. Then after a while you will get a solid crowd of about 15-20 people and some who prefer to stand 10 meters away to watch the show haha. Of course I encountered a few hecklers. Hecklers are basically people who tries to heck your performance and trying to get smart. Thankfully they didn’t cause much of a problem to me, only some minor stuff.

It was a fun experience and very nice. Different people react differently. Some just stands there and acts as though they know how the magic is done. The best crowd is a person who gives you the applause when you did well. Others just stare and act cool as though they know better. Yet there were people who were so amazed they were the only ones who clapped among the big crowd. There was this Indian guy who gave me the warmest applause and it lifted my spirit to do more. There was an uncle who was a good audience, his reaction to my illusions were awesome, the picture on top is him =) Look at his laugh when he saw how I linked the solid rings right in front of his eyes and in his hands. I love that reaction.

Next week I might be going to KL to perform with Anslem Roy and my club members. We will be paid for that. But not sure yet because it is still in consideration. The magician club that I am in is The Magic Annexe. The Magic Annexe was founded by Anslem Roy Eric, an international illusionist who won the International Merlin Award. The Magic Annexe is under the International Magician Society (IMS) and Anslem Roy is the IMS Malaysia President.

Tata =)

Read my post on What is Gospel Magic.

The swelling crowd of people that surrounded me yesterday. We performed in front of the cinema.


The guy behind is Criss. The one with the camera and leaning against the railing. This shot was taken by Simon Kong.


Me performing to three Malay guys who were waiting for their movie to start.


I love the laughs =)



This is Marcus, he is into magic as well and is slowly learning.


Trying out some mentalism magic with my friend =)


Linking Rings??? haha


Pull and try to separate them..



Linking Rings again.




This unlce was one of my favorite audience yesterday.


Ahh I love his reaction. Magic that happens right in front of their eyes and in their hands is beautiful.


The rings are solid, really.



This Malay couple was good audience for one of my "illusions for couples" =)



Saw Simon Kong? =) The guy behind toying with my camera haha.




Ah ha! Did you see that guy in black shirt with his arms crossed? Well he basically stood there for a long time watching me perform to other people and he had his arms crossed all the while. When I approached him to ask him pick a card with his hands. He did so and then crossed his arms again. Psychologically, this guy is trying to say, "Let's see what you can do. I won't be amazed at whatever happened because I am smarter than you and I know how it is done." =) One of his friends tried to heck me but thankfully Simon and Criss helped me, I wasn't aware that time. Also his looks tells me that he is not at all interested in what I was doing haha. No fun la this kind of people =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teneis que ver esta pagina: Fanatic Manga. Es flipante, tiene material muy bueno, imagenes, videos, series, etc...

Blogger said...

Easily Increase Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    Man In The Mirror

    . A very nice song from the late Michael Jackson. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

    Shout It Out


    ZlwinMagic

    About Zlwin Chew

    He is a person who is sold out for Jesus. Nothing can move him once he has set his mind on doing and achieving something. Once he is set for one thing, no one can tell him otherwise.

    He blogs, but he blogs differently. The world blogs about themselves, nothing but me, myself and I. But Zlwin Chew blogs his God. He believes that a blog is a powerful medium in which one can tell the world about what He, Himself and God has done in me, meself and I. God needs to be glorified, even online. The world needs to hear what it does not want to hear but need to hear. The world need to know what it does not want to know but need to know.

    Zlwin Chew is also a magician who has a heart and passion to enhance his Gospel sharing with the aid of magical effects and illusions. His magic portfolio can be found at http://www.zlwinmagic.com/

    He loves photography as well. Capturing time in frames is his passion. His photography blog can be found at http://www.zlwinchew.blogspot.com/

    He is radical. He wants to be radical. He wants to be different. Because everyone thinks outside of the box, he thinks inside of the box. He is different. And he does not care how people view him. He only cares how God views him. Zlwin Chew is a Jesus Freak.

    And he dare you to do something radical. He dare you to...

    BLOG GOD...