There Must To Be More To Life Than This

The Magician's Greatest Pay

www.zlwinmagic.com

One of the greatest rewards for being a magician are the smiles, laughters and applause you get once you have entertain your audience truly. The picture here was taken at The Curve during one of my recent gig. This girl gave the nicest smile ever when she saw my magic.

Building Bridges Through Magic

www.zlwinmagic.com

Another fun thing about magic is that you get to meet different people; some down right nasty and some really really friendly. I met this group at Urbanattic, Capsquare. Nice people who just wants to have good fun. among them are two actors, Tony Eusoff and Jay.

Magic @ Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur

www.zlwinmagic.com

Zlwin does walkabout close-up magic at Zouk every weekend. Look out for him if you are there to dance the night away!

The Watchmen

www.zlwin.com

Watchmen watches what no one watches and does what no one does. They would lay down their lives watching and protecting. They stand guard over the people that needs them but do not want them. They take up responsibilities which otherwise no one would want. Do you want to be a watchman? "What does it matter..." you ask.

Zlwin Chew - Magician, Minister.

www.zlwinmagic.com

Magic is something that seems like it goes against how the world works and it is us magicians who has the privilege to demonstrate it. There are no tricks in magic, only wonderment. – Zlwin Chew

Zlwin Chew’s New Website Is Launched!

www.zlwin.com

Zlwin has designed a new website and is no longer with Blogspot anymore. From today onwards, this site will be his official site where he will be posting his usual Christian devotional materials as well as some other stuff. Do drop by every now and then. And please bear with the upcoming and ongoing changes that will happen in this website. He is trying to improve it little by little as the each moon ends its shift and as he gains more knowledge on website designing. Have a good read! God bless!

Acts 20:24

www.zlwin.com

However , I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the Gospel of God’s grace

The Worldwide Magician Directory

www.magician-directory.com

A worldwide directory of magicians. Thousands of magicians have their profile uploaded here as well as links to their websites. Visit the Magician Directory to find out more about your local magician.

\

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bibles

I am so so HAPPY!!!

Why?!!!

I got my BIBLE back!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Well, I left my most precious Bible at camp. On the way back in the bus I was searching for it and when I couldn’t find it I was so terrified! I almost CRIED!
I reached church and quickly got my luggage bag and searched it and when I couldn’t find my Bible I got so sad I wasn’t even in the mood to talk to anyone. At that point I was telling myself that I would trade my wife (electric guitar) for my Bible back. I was so very sad as if one of my loved one has left for heaven, I am serious. I didn’t have the mood to do anything that day but I prayed non stop, prayed that God bring back my Bible.

I got the campsite owner’s mobile number and called him up the next day, he was a Malay guy by the name Encik Saiful. He said he found my Bible! What a relief! So he mailed it to me on Monday and I got it today!!! Woo hoo!!! Praise God!!!

I have a few Bibles but the one I left at camp was the most precious of all. Not that it is expensive but it is because I have a lot of notes written in the Bible. So when I wanted to find a Scripture I would instantly know where it is because I know my Bible so well. So well like you boys know what items to buy for your DOTA heroes and you girls know which shopping mall has the cheapest discount for ROXY items. I love that Bible of mine.

Here are the pictures of the Bibles that I own.

1.

This is an NIV Teen Study Bible. The one that I left at camp. NIV – New International Version.


Example of the notes I write on a Post-It sticker notes that I paste on the sides of the pages. You can find these yellow sticker notes throughout my Bible. This makes my reference and studying easier.


A page from the book of James that has been over-populated with notes.

2.

This is a complete NIV Study Bible by Zondervan. I bought this and two more other Bibles using my CNY Ang Pao money recently. This is one of the gems of study Bibles available in the market. I suggest you get one if you are serious in studying God’s Word more deeply.


Complete NIV Study Bible.

3.

This is the NIV Scofield Study System Bible my mum bought for me at Doulos. It is another version of a complete study Bible. I use this with the complete NIV Study Bible to study the Word. It has deeper stuff in it and some I don’t even understand haha. But it is good stuff.


The NIV Scofield Study System Bible.


The NIV Scofield Study System Bible. Half of every page has in-depth notes on the verses above.

4.

This is my NKJV Spirit-Filled Life Student Bible by Thomas Nelson Bibles. Bought it with my Ang Pao money too hehe. NKJV – New King James Version.


The NKJV Bible.

5.

This is a simple OKJV Bible. OKJV – Old King James Version.


The OKJV Bible. The language is really hard to understand haha.

6.

This is my RSV Bible. Do you know how old is it?! Dated back 13th July 1969!!! 38 years old Bible =) RSV – Revised Standard Version.


Look at the cellophane tape used to hold the binding of this 38 year old Bible haha.


The RSV Bible. It has pictures in it, nice =)

7.

This is a simple NIV Bible. Quite old too.


The NIV Bible.

8.

This is the NLT New Testament Bible for new believers by Tyndale. NLT is one of the latest versions of the Bible. The language is contemporary and it is rather easier to understand. NLT – New Living Translation.


The NLT Bible, complete with useful notes to give new believers a better and clearer understanding of the Bible. Good stuff.

9.

This is the New Testament plus Psalms and Proverbs Bible distributed by The Gideons for free. It is a NKJV version.

10.

This is the NIV Compact Dictionary Bible. Bought this plus the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV Bible with my Ang Pao money. I finished all the cash haha. Good investment huh? =)


The NIV Compact Dictionary Bible. It is a good for reference and study.



MY FOOD!!! =)

Ok that’s all. I would want to get more Bibles in the future. I have very little time to study the Bible nowadays because of SPM, so I plan to really spend time studying it (not just reading) after my SPM. For now I will concentrate on my SPM. It is good not only to read the Word but to study it. The Word of God is endless, you can never stop studying it and each time you do it you will find that God will tell you new stuff.

People ask, “Why the need for so MANY versions of Bible? And are they all the same?”
The answer is: Yes, all the versions have the same meanings. There are a lot of different translations and versions of the Bible but none differs form the other. The oldest is the King James Version which is directly translated from the Hebrew language (if I am not mistaken) The need for so many version is because of the ever-growing English language and vocabulary. We don’t use words like “thine, thou, thy, begot, nigh, hath, ye, fighteth, etc.” anymore do we? These words are used in the OKJV and KJV Bibles but not many understands so there was a need to make the Bible easier to read and understand WITHOUT changing the original meaning.
So that is why we have the ASV, RSV, CEV, MKJV, NLT, NIV and many more. All of these have different translations but the original meaning is not lost at all. If you want to study the Bible deeper, you would need a few different versions so you can refer and compare.

Compare this verse from the OKJV with the NIV:

Romans 10:9-10 (OKJV)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


Which is easier to understand? =) the NIV of course. Does the meaning of both versions of the verse differ? Definitely not.

So people, if you want to buy me birthday gifts, I would always welcome a Bible, any Bible *smiles. *hint... preferably a study Bible *hint... I would love a MKJV now hehe. That all for now... Tata!

Jeremiah 15:16
When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
O Lord God Almighty.

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered,
“It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the
mouth of God.’ ”
.
.
Living on the Word,
Zlwin Chew

No comments:

    Man In The Mirror

    . A very nice song from the late Michael Jackson. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

    Shout It Out


    ZlwinMagic

    About Zlwin Chew

    He is a person who is sold out for Jesus. Nothing can move him once he has set his mind on doing and achieving something. Once he is set for one thing, no one can tell him otherwise.

    He blogs, but he blogs differently. The world blogs about themselves, nothing but me, myself and I. But Zlwin Chew blogs his God. He believes that a blog is a powerful medium in which one can tell the world about what He, Himself and God has done in me, meself and I. God needs to be glorified, even online. The world needs to hear what it does not want to hear but need to hear. The world need to know what it does not want to know but need to know.

    Zlwin Chew is also a magician who has a heart and passion to enhance his Gospel sharing with the aid of magical effects and illusions. His magic portfolio can be found at http://www.zlwinmagic.com/

    He loves photography as well. Capturing time in frames is his passion. His photography blog can be found at http://www.zlwinchew.blogspot.com/

    He is radical. He wants to be radical. He wants to be different. Because everyone thinks outside of the box, he thinks inside of the box. He is different. And he does not care how people view him. He only cares how God views him. Zlwin Chew is a Jesus Freak.

    And he dare you to do something radical. He dare you to...

    BLOG GOD...