There Must To Be More To Life Than This

The Magician's Greatest Pay

www.zlwinmagic.com

One of the greatest rewards for being a magician are the smiles, laughters and applause you get once you have entertain your audience truly. The picture here was taken at The Curve during one of my recent gig. This girl gave the nicest smile ever when she saw my magic.

Building Bridges Through Magic

www.zlwinmagic.com

Another fun thing about magic is that you get to meet different people; some down right nasty and some really really friendly. I met this group at Urbanattic, Capsquare. Nice people who just wants to have good fun. among them are two actors, Tony Eusoff and Jay.

Magic @ Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur

www.zlwinmagic.com

Zlwin does walkabout close-up magic at Zouk every weekend. Look out for him if you are there to dance the night away!

The Watchmen

www.zlwin.com

Watchmen watches what no one watches and does what no one does. They would lay down their lives watching and protecting. They stand guard over the people that needs them but do not want them. They take up responsibilities which otherwise no one would want. Do you want to be a watchman? "What does it matter..." you ask.

Zlwin Chew - Magician, Minister.

www.zlwinmagic.com

Magic is something that seems like it goes against how the world works and it is us magicians who has the privilege to demonstrate it. There are no tricks in magic, only wonderment. – Zlwin Chew

Zlwin Chew’s New Website Is Launched!

www.zlwin.com

Zlwin has designed a new website and is no longer with Blogspot anymore. From today onwards, this site will be his official site where he will be posting his usual Christian devotional materials as well as some other stuff. Do drop by every now and then. And please bear with the upcoming and ongoing changes that will happen in this website. He is trying to improve it little by little as the each moon ends its shift and as he gains more knowledge on website designing. Have a good read! God bless!

Acts 20:24

www.zlwin.com

However , I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the Gospel of God’s grace

The Worldwide Magician Directory

www.magician-directory.com

A worldwide directory of magicians. Thousands of magicians have their profile uploaded here as well as links to their websites. Visit the Magician Directory to find out more about your local magician.

\

Sunday, March 4, 2007

LIFE CELL



Yesterday was Youth Energy's initiation of the
L.I.F.E. Cells!
Praise God!

Pastor John, Larry and I have been meeting up often to plan for this L.I.F.E. Cell since January and yesterday we finally kicked it off! Let me explain to you what this L.I.F.E. Cell is about.

Each L.I.F.E. Cell is like a small family in Youth Energy (YE) and each cell is headed by one or two leaders whom I jokingly call them “Papa” or “Mama” and they will be the “father” and “mother” of each family. Each family member or cell members are accountable for each other and are to take each other as their family members. Many types of fun activities will be held for each L.I.F.E. Cell session in YE. The activities will range from Bible Quizzes to an outing to Kuala Lumpur. There will be Inter-Cell competition throughout the year and members will get opportunities to serve in YE according to their capacity.
New YE members who come to YE will automatically be placed in a cell and this gives them a sense of belonging. So instead of coming for an “event” you are coming to meet your “family” members and feel at home.

The L.I.F.E. Cells will move up to greater level of discipleship as the year goes on. Leaders of the L.I.F.E. Cells will be having equipping classes now and then to be equipped as leaders in four aspects: Biblical, Doctrine, Theology and Ministry. They will then be able to raise up other potential leaders in their different L.I.F.E. Cells.

The L.I.F.E. Cells are heading towards the Grace Assembly Youth Church’s theme, L.I.F.E. which is an acronym for:

L – Leadership
I – Integration
F – Faithfulness
E – Evangelism


So from here the long journey begins. We are looking towards COUNTING LEADERS and not counting members. This is a journey which you and I and all the L.I.F.E. Cell leaders have embarked on. A journey to raise up future leaders who will take this generation for God by storm, who will stand firm in the faith, who will make known the name of Jesus throughout the earth, who will be vessels in which God will be able to use, who will be LEADERS OF GOD. God is with us!
_________________________________________

Okie... Now I will brief you shortly on what happened yesterday at Youth Energy =)
The L.I.F.E. Cells leaders were called for a meeting at 1pm and they gathered at the Prayer Room to be briefed. I shared with them the vision of us having this L.I.F.E. Cell and Pastor John continued after me.
Then we started off with Samantha Ong leading us in Praise and Worship, glory and praise to God for it was a wonderful time of lifting up our praise and worship to God through jumping, singing, screaming (chuckles) and clapping. Two thumbs up to God and Samantha.
After Praise and Worship, Pastor John gave a sermon on D.L.D. , three things that we are looking for this year which links with L.I.F.E. . DLD stands for Desperation, Leadership and Discipline.

I went up and called the leaders out and to stand in front. Pastor John then shared a short message with the leaders and a few Bible verses before praying and laying hands on each of the leaders. The Bible verses given by God through Pastor John to the L.I.F.E. Cell leaders:

2 Timothy 2:2-8
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrusted to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. ...

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.

We then assigned the leaders to their members with each group having about 5 members.
Each of the L.I.F.E. Cells came up with different names and the leaders went up and explained the meaning of their chosen group names. We then got a whole bunch of weird and funny names haha. Here is the list of the cell leaders and their cell’s name:

Jason Pang and Arthur Keng – Hello Kitty
Sarah Pang and Joyce – Oomphers
Jian Quin and Jonathan Kok – Pen-Guin-Kok
Jonathan Chandra and Ian – Revival Coast
Shannon and Yoke Ping – The K.I.N.G.
Andy – Kiasu
Janielle Beh – Treasured
Cerwin Yap – The Eternal Flame
The Old Farts (above 18) – L.O.L.


Well, those are the funny names each group have came out with. The one I find most hilarious is Jason and Arthur’s Hello Kitty. Their reason for the name? It because Hello Kitty is very nice and soft, so they want to have Kitty’s personality haha.

Larry organized a few group activities for them. It was all a whole load of fun and laughter. Praise God for the fellowship we had!

Now here are the PICTURES taken by ME using Yoke Ping’s camera.

____________________________________



A good post always start by having my picture! =)


Pastor John reading a few verses from the Bible to the LIFE Cells leaders before praying for them.





The L.O.L. cell. We young people call them old farts haha =D
Elijah (Wood)?
Pose! You are not on candid camera =)
Part of Kiasu. From left: Papa Andy, Daniel (not Lee), Jooel (Joel small)
Continue... Winson, Denise and Papa Andy again.
The Pink Guy with the Green Guy.
OOMPHERS! Kelly, Mama Sarah and Mama Joyce.
Gosh! KAWAII!!! SO CUTE!!!
Evelyn from Treasured.
Janielly Beh, Mama of LIFE Cell Treasured.
The Pink guy with Jonathan Kok, Papa of Pen-Guin-Kok. Gosh what a name =D but cute anyway hehe.
Mr. President Larry Chew.
Larry Chew and Zlwin Chew (me) Mess not with us or we pink you up...




LIFE
L-Leadership
I-Integration
F-Faithfulness
E-Evangelism

MY HOT WIFE!!!
Yamaha RGX 820ZBT.
Joel Small and I =)

LIFE Cells' names.


YES! I am on camera! Gosh... Vain... =D
OOMPHERS!!!
Joyce and Sarah. Larry behind.
HELLO KITTY!!! haha...
From left: Kitty Arthur and Kitty Jason.
Mr Andy from KIASU! =) It is good to be kiasu at times yea =D
TREASURED!!!
Janielly Beh.
REVIVAL COAST!!!
Ian and Jonathan Chandra.
???
L.O.L. muahahahaha!
Mr. Poh Leong.
Okay1 Those of you who are unhappy being in your cell, you are always welcomed to join mine yea. I will name my cell THE PINK !!! Haha yup yup, I know you want to join =) come see me next YE yea!
OOMPHERS!!!
From left: Oompher Kelly, Oompher Joyce, Oompher Sarah, Oompher Lynette, Oompher Pei Zhen, Oompher Lilian. OOMPHER!!! Gosh I love this name.. haha.
PEN-GUIN-KOK!!!
From left: Steven, Brandon, Jonathan Kok, Jian Quin, Adrian, You Zhi.
What is this?!! A scene from Planet of the Apes?!!
Gosh! I AM VAIN!!! =)
What is WRONG with this guy???
OH MY!!! A STRIPPER???! IN YE???!!! HOW DID HE GET IN!!!
SECURITY!!!!
NO! Don't you run away you FLASHER!!!
Weirdos...
The Eternal Flame!!!
From left: Angeline, Cerdwin, Hibby, Sarah, Jessica.
Kelly and I =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVEN!!!
Can you spot the Flasher????????
LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!
On the loft! He has his shirt on now! Gosh!
He is going after the poor birthday boy!!!
People, please remember his face and report to me if you ever see him flashing again.
Be very afraid people... Be very afraid...
Yoke Ping and I... =)

Me and my wife =) now isn't she just HOT???!!!!
A post is never completed without a picture of me haha. Yea call me vain. I am...
Group picture!!!
Many of the YE-ians have left when we took this picture. Come again and fill this hall up =D See you soon!!! Love ya'all!!!
You are looking at the
LEADERS of TOMORROW...
They are the ones who will be chosen by God to go make an impact and just that, but a lasting impact for Jesus in the world.
Go to the ends of the earth. Go with Jesus...
Go far... But stay near to God by dear brothers and sisters.
I love you!

John 15:16-17
You did not choose me but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father in heaven will give you whatever you ask in my name.
This is my command: Love each other.

No comments:

    Man In The Mirror

    . A very nice song from the late Michael Jackson. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

    Shout It Out


    ZlwinMagic

    About Zlwin Chew

    He is a person who is sold out for Jesus. Nothing can move him once he has set his mind on doing and achieving something. Once he is set for one thing, no one can tell him otherwise.

    He blogs, but he blogs differently. The world blogs about themselves, nothing but me, myself and I. But Zlwin Chew blogs his God. He believes that a blog is a powerful medium in which one can tell the world about what He, Himself and God has done in me, meself and I. God needs to be glorified, even online. The world needs to hear what it does not want to hear but need to hear. The world need to know what it does not want to know but need to know.

    Zlwin Chew is also a magician who has a heart and passion to enhance his Gospel sharing with the aid of magical effects and illusions. His magic portfolio can be found at http://www.zlwinmagic.com/

    He loves photography as well. Capturing time in frames is his passion. His photography blog can be found at http://www.zlwinchew.blogspot.com/

    He is radical. He wants to be radical. He wants to be different. Because everyone thinks outside of the box, he thinks inside of the box. He is different. And he does not care how people view him. He only cares how God views him. Zlwin Chew is a Jesus Freak.

    And he dare you to do something radical. He dare you to...

    BLOG GOD...